Tradie is a trendy name for tradesman. Finding a reliable tradie who can actually give you a satisfactory service is sometimes quite difficult. Following are few tips that should be considered before choosing a tradesman:
- Discuss the job clearly with the help desk at the company. For example if you are looking for Adelaide skips hire services then you should let them know about the kind of waste disposal you are looking out for. If you have chemicals that can fall into the hazardous category, then they have special bins and waste disposal systems to manage them. Many companies do not have this service. If you are looking for electrical service you also state clearly your requirements. In many cases, they might send an electrician to examine your place and give you a quote.
- Price quotes are absolutely necessary before you choose a tradie. This is an important factor in this regard. Know the average market value before you decide on a company for service. Comparing prices for the job should be done. But this should not be the only guidance behind choosing the right tradie for the job. Never pick a company that gives the lowest quote. If the price quote is far below the average market quote, then it is quite possible that the company is compensating for something else. The company should be recommended by a friend or family or by review websites. Referrals are a good way to be assured about a business. If the company has a website, then check on its rankings and credibility on review websites and discussion forums. Know what other customers have got to say about the company. In this digital world, it is impossible to hide a bad reputation. Read their website and try to gauge about their credibility. A professional skip bin hire services will ideally have website that explains different categories of products they have along with their utility. This helps the customers to pick what they want.
- It is also better to avoid companies that have been new in business. Years of experience matters especially if you are hiring electrical services.
- Check on the company license before you appoint. If you are hiring an electrician make sure he has a contractor’s license. The company should be legit.
- The customer service program of any good company should be responsive, polite and effective. The customer care executives should be able to resolve customer queries easily and within a specific duration of time. It is vital that you should talk with the help desk of the company at the initial stage of selection. Do not consider a company that has a sluggish and unresponsive customer care.
- The contract should be in written and not in verbal. In case of skip bin hire services also, there will be literary terms that needs to be fully understood.